Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Book Review 1 - Assassin’s Creed: Renaissance

Photo from: https://www.kobo.com/nz/en/ebook/assassin-s-creed
Title: Assassin’s Creed: Renaissance
Author: Oliver Bowden, Anton Gill
Published: Penguin Books Ltd, November 2009
Imprint: Penguin
ISBN: 9780141937533
Reviewed by Name: Cindy Hargreaves

What happened (no spoilers)?
Set in the year 1476 – the Renaissance. It is a time of culture and art; but also the bloodiest corruption and blood feuds between rivalry political families in Italy.

When Ezio Auditore di Firenze two brothers and father are murdered he seeks revenge. Ezio is thrown into the war between two shadowy organisations The Templers and the Order of the Assassins. The war goes back centuries.
While seeking revenge Ezio is also entrusted to find all of the missing pages of the Codex. The Codex is the key to the centuries old war.

What I thought?


The story was alright. It wasn’t so hard to get into that I gave up, but it wasn’t an easy read either. But then that might be because there was a lot of Italian and Latin words in it. Also it isn’t my normal sort of genre I like to read, but I am trying to expand my reading genres. Plus I am not sure I am the right demographic for it; I am not a gamer.
Overall though I liked the storyline and character development. You follow Ezio from about sixteen years of age right through until he is early to mid forties. When the story starts, he’s not innocent, but he is not hardened either. But by the end of it he is a hardened assassin who is holey devoted to the Order of the Assassin.

Will I read others in the series?


Maybe, just not at the moment.

3/5 It was okay.
Next book I am going to read?
Horns by Joe Hill - I have been told this is a good book, so hope so.

A beautiful you starts on the inside! If you have any questions or comments about this blog please email admin@pdpublisher.com Thanks for reading; Cindy Hargreaves Editor / Beauty and nail technician

No comments:

Post a Comment